Screw Plug Circulation Heaters
Circulation heaters are highly efficient heating cells designed to heat liquids and gases as they flow through a pipe body. These units are 100% energy efficient, compact, and easy to install. They offer primary heating or act as a backup/start up heating source to natural or forced circulation systems.
The core of a circulation heater is a screw plug immersion heater or a flanged immersion heater that is installed into a pipe vessel. The vessel is thermally insulated and a stainless steel or rust proof painted outside metallic jacket protects the insulating material. The vessel is connected to a system through inlet and outlet NPT threaded fittings or flange connections.
Circulation heater design concept at Bucan incorporates all the rugged and durable features of a tubular heater with the flexibility of a heat exchanger.
Design specifications may require a unit to meet the boiler and pressure vessel code. Bucan can supply the unit designed, built and registered to the ASME code, with the applicable code stamps.
- Sheath materials - selected to suit the liquid or gas being heated
- Connections - NPT nipples or flanged inlet and outlet connections
- Flange pressure ratings - selected based on the temperature and pressure design conditions
- Terminal Enclosures
- General Purpose (NEMA 1)
- Weather Resistant (NEMA 4)
- Hazardous Location (NEMA 7)
- Passivation - when required
- Support frames - for stand-alone mounting
- Vessel materials - steel, stainless steel, or other specialty metals
- Cross flow baffles - to improve heat transfer characteristics, when required
- Controls - built in thermostats, thermocouples, and high limit thermocouples
|Nominal vessel size||A||B||D||E||F||G||Inlet/outlet size (NPT)|
|3"||Heater insertion length, from standard flange heater tables||4||7.5||